Lollipopping cannabis is a type of high-stress training (HST) that involves removing the lower growth, so your plant resembles a lollipop. This helps the plant focus it's energy on the upper bud sites, making for a larger harvest and less popcorn bud.
- Applying this technique during the first week of flowering in your Grobo is the most effective.
- The lower third of the cannabis plant is the "lollipopping zone". This portion receives less light.
- The light in your Grobo unit penetrates the top 12-18 inches of your plant.
- We recommend removing no more than 50% of the lower growth when lollipopping.
- This ensures you don't stress out your plant too much.
- If this technique is carried out too early, there is a chance the popcorn buds you have removed, will regrow. It's all about finding that perfect medium.
Popcorn buds are simply small buds the size of popcorn. They are considered lower quality which is why many people remove them so energy isn't wasted on them.