Is your LED solid green, orange, or quickly blinking blue? If it is, you may need to reconnect to the Internet.
Your Grobo can lose Internet connectivity for many reasons. The most common reasons include:
- Your Grobo is too far away from your home's Wi-Fi Router.
- A disabled Wi-Fi connection.
- A recent change to your Wi-Fi credentials.
- After switching Internet service providers, you did not reconnect your Grobo.
To reconnect your Grobo to Wi-Fi, please follow these instructions:
Confirm Initial Checklist
First, make sure to confirm that:
- Your Grobo is powered on and plugged securely into a wall outlet.
- Your Grobo is located no more than 15-20 feet from your router on the same floor of your home.
- According to your other devices, your home internet connection is stable and working.
- You are connecting to a 2.4G network, NOT a 5G network.
- You are using our Grobo App to connect:
- Your User LED is green (i.e. in 'Pairing Mode'). This is required for it to connect to Wi-Fi, and is achieved by holding down the User Button on the back for 10 seconds.
Steps to Reconnect
Set your Grobo to “Wi-Fi Pairing” Mode:
If your Grobo’s User LED is solid green, then please proceed to the next step.
If your Grobo’s User LED is not solid green, then hold down the button on the back of your Grobo for 10 seconds until the User LED turns solid green.
Open up your Grobo App.
- A good rule of thumb is to try to Reconnect to Wi-Fi using multiple devices if one isn't working.
Go to your Navigation Menu:
Desktop/Laptop: Your navigation menu will already be open on the left side of your screen.
Tablet & Mobile: Tap on the icon located at the top left of your screen.
Select "Settings" then select "Reconnect to Wi-Fi"
After following the Grobo App's instructions, check your User LED to see if it is slowly pulsing light blue. If your User LED is slowly pulsing light blue, that means you have successfully reconnected your Grobo to the Internet.
Still Not Connected?
Please send an email at email@example.com to get additional support. You must provide answers to the following questions to be able to assist you:
- Have you tried to reconnect after doing a Factory Reset? (see HERE for how to do that action)
What device(s) are you using to try and connect? (Make and Model - Ex. iPhone 6S)
- What page on the Grobo app are you on when you receive the error?
If you are receiving a specific error message, can you provide photos?
What color is the User LED light while the error is occurring?
What is the make and model of the router you are using? Can you provide photos of it?
How far from your router is the Grobo?
Are you sure you are using the right password?
Still have questions? Please see HERE for how to contact us.